Portuguese Golden Visa
Residence Visa for Investment Activity, Golden Visa, is a program created under the Portuguese Law that allows citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic States to obtain a residence permit in Portugal, and consequently free access to the vast majority of european countries (Schengen Area).
If you are interested in obtaining a residence permit via Golden Visa, Living Senses Real Estate Mediation Society, through its experienced team together with a competent legal department, provides a complete and personalized service, ensuring all stages of the process, until is conclusion.
With an investment of € 500,000 and in just 4 to 6 months, you can get a residence visa in Portugal.
Investment Options for obtaining Golden Visa:
- Transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than 1,000,000 Euros;
- Creation of at least 10 jobs;
- Acquisition of real estate in the amount of 500,000 Euros or more;
- Acquisition of real estate with more than 30 years or located in areas of urban rehabilitation with rehabilitation works in the global value equal or superior to 350,000 Euros;
- Transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than 350,000 Euros to national public or private scientific research institutions;
- Transfer of capital of 250,000 Euros or more for investment or support for artistic production, recovery or maintenance of the national cultural heritage;
- Transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than 500,000 Euros invested in the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital funds for the capitalization of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Obtaining this visa through real estate investment covers:
- Acquisition of one or more properties with a total value equal or superior to 500,000 Euros;
- Acquisition of one or more properties completed more than 30 years ago or located in urban rehabilitation areas (ARU zone), with rehabilitation works totaling 350,000 Euros or more.
Note: A 20% reduction in investment values is applied if real estate assets are located in areas of low population density.
Real estate investment includes:
- Commercial or residential real estate;
- Properties acquired jointly, provided that the investor's share is in the minimum amount indicated;
- Properties acquired individually or through sole proprietorship companies of which the investor is a partner;
- Real estate leased;
- Buildings encumbered in the part that exceeds the minimum investment amount.
The simplicity of the Golden Visa Program implies an extremely reduced number of requirements requested by the investor.
The Golden Visa program states that the investor must meet the general requirements applicable to all types of qualified investments and also the specific requirements of each type of qualified investment.
In general, all investors must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain the investment for a minimum period of 5 years
- Investment funds must come from outside Portugal
- Entry into Portugal with valid Schengen visa
- Absence of references in Portuguese Immigration and Schengen Services
- Absence of conviction of a relevant crime
- Minimum stay in Portugal: 7 (seven) days during the first year and 14 (fourteen) days during each subsequent two year period.
Holders of Residence Permit for Investment Activity have the right to family reunification, access to a permanent residence permit, and Portuguese nationality, in accordance with the provisions of current legislation.
This information does not exempt the consultation of the legislation in force.